With a number of entertainment cutbacks across the Walt Disney World resort over the last few weeks, we wanted to summarise the operational changes and changes that have been put in place across the entertainment offerings at the resort.
Magic Kingdom Park
- Mickey and Minnie Mouse’s surprise celebration is ending and they will no longer meet in their Celebration outfits after September 30. Mickey Mouse will return to his Magician outfit in Town Square Theater starting October 1.
- Pluto will roam around Storybook Circus in the morning & meet in the afternoon in Calliope Tent (near the Railroad station in Storybook Circus) starting October 1st. Pluto will no longer meet at Pete’s Silly Sideshow after September 30.
- Minnie will rejoin Daisy, Donald, and Goofy, greeting Guests at Calliope Tent (near the Railroad station in Storybook Circus) October 1-2, & then return to Pete’s Silly Sideshow on October 3rd.
- Chip and Dale will roam Frontierland in the morning & meet in the afternoon at the Splash Mountain Exit starting October 1.
- Anastasia, Drizella, and Fairy Godmother will meet at the Castle archways next to Pinocchio Village Haus starting October 1st.
- The Muppets Present Great Moments in American History and The Royal Majesty Maker In fantasyland will both Close on or before 6th October.
- ‘Move It! Shake It! Dance and Play It!’ Street Party Will be Reduced to two shows per day from 6th October.
- “The Story of CoCo” at the Mexico Pavilion will be Closing September 26th.
- The Jammitors & Matsuriza Drummers – reducing to performances five days per week starting September 29th.
- Lightning McQueens’ Pit Crew and Incredibles Super Shindig will Close on September 30th.
- Hakuna Matata Time on discovery island Closing 29th September
- Burudika Band in Africa ending after the 6:30pm showing on October 13th.
The biggest news of late in addition to the above changes which has already been well publicised, Illuminations: Reflections of Earth fireworks spectacular will have its final showing on September 30th.
With the legacy show ending, the great news however is that the intermediate fireworks show “Epcot forever” will debut on 1st October.
The show promises to take us on a journey through the years and into the future, bringing World Showcase Lagoon to life with a spark of imagination that quickly grows into an epic spectacle of fireworks, lighting, lasers and choreographed special effects kites.
Disney parks blogs recently shared some behind the scenes footage to give a look at the incredible work taking place to make “Epcot Forever” a visual spectacle unlike any other, combining familiar elements from previous shows with new features – and a few surprises thrown in, too!
If you can’t be in Walt Disney World on the debut date, luckily you’ll be able to catch the #DisneyParksLIVE stream of that first performance at 8:50 p.m. EST on Tuesday night on the Disney Parks Blog page
Thank you for reading along!
(Images courtesy of Disney Parks Blog)