2019 will see the return of the D23 Expo event in Anaheim, California for another round of news & updates for all things Disney!
The event is typically big on announcements and one of the most eagerly anticipated panels will be the Disney Parks, Experiences & Products presentation which will be hosted on Sunday 25th August. In what looks to be a significant period of investment in Disney parks & resorts, we are listing some ideas of what might be in the pipeline.
Walt Disney World
With a large volume of new additions already announced, this coming year should see further details released of these projects and perhaps details of projects for the upcoming 50th Anniversary.
- Central Core, Spine & Hub Design including Future World changes and new attractions
- Spaceship Earth Refurbishment
- Future Night time Spectacular Show
- Mission:SPACE Restaurant Name & Opening Date confirmation
- News / Name for Guardians of The Galaxy Roller-coaster
- UK Pavilion Attraction
- New Videos for China / Canada Pavilions
- 50th Anniversary preparations
- Updates on TRON Progress
- Tomorrowland Minor updates
- Final Preparation & updates of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge opening
- Next Phase / Future Plans
No major announcements anticipated at this expo event, however if things have changed it could include:
- Dinoland Updates/Changes/reimagining
- Possible Future Night time Show changes
Disney Parks Worldwide
- Marvel themed Additions to Disney’s California Adventure, Disneyland Hong Kong & Disneyland Paris
- Frozen themed lands for Walt Disney Studios Paris & Disneyland Hong Kong
- Disneyland Hong Kong New Castle
- Peter Pan & Tangled attractions for Tokyo DisneySea
Disney Cruise Line
- Updates on Three new ‘Triton’ class ships
- Possibly indicating New Ship names and itineraries to the Far East
- New Lighthouse Point Private Island & Timeshares
Disney Resorts & Hotels
- WDW Star Wars Hotel details
- WDW Disney Reflections Resort update
- Tokyo DisneySea New Hotel
- Disneyland Paris New York Hotel Marvel changes
The BIG announcement? UPDATED
Confirmed during the media previews on 22nd August, Disney revealed the ‘One Day At Disney’ Documentary Project.
The one big unknown still is what the ‘Secret Walt Disney Company Project’ announcement may be on the 22nd August, and then for discussion at the main Expo event.
It seems unlikely that it will be directly park related and may be more linked to consumer or in-house employee recognition programme which would be of sufficient interest to Disney fans. This hasn’t stopped speculation given the timing of the announcement on the 2nd August coming just one day after Universal Comcast announced a new Orlando park.
Stay tuned for more as and when this is announced!
We would love to hear your thoughts and what rumours you think may be coming!
Thank you all for reading!!