We posted on Instagram today with another picture of our regular Sunday American Brunch get-togethers with our ‘Its Orlando Time’ Admin friends and we had a number of requests for the recipe for the Cracker Barrel Hash Brown Casserole we served.
So thanks to our friend Carrie (and her mum Betty) Here it is in all its glory!
Cracker Barrel Hash Brown Casserole
1kg Potatoes Peeled, shredded and squeezed dry of all excess liquid (or frozen cubed hash browns if you can get them)
150g White Onions diced
2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
300ml Soured Cream
200g Cheddar Cheese
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
Large handful of cheddar Cheese
Cornflakes or Ready Salted Crisps
1. Preheat oven to 180 Deg C / 350 Deg F.
2. In a large skillet or frying pan, melt the butter and Sauté Potatoes and Onions. (Suggest cooking in two batches to avoid poaching the potatoes)
3. Add garlic powder to the potatoes whilst cooking and sauté until coloured and crispy edges start to appear.
4. In a large bowl combine the 200g of cheddar, chicken soup and soured cream
5. Fold the potato mix into the cream mixture and transfer into a large oven proof dish.
6. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
7. Top with cornflakes/crisps and remaining cheddar cheese! Bake for a further 10 minutes until topping is golden
8. Serve the gooey unctuous potatoes with your favourite sausages, Bacon and Buttermilk Biscuits!
We hope you enjoy a little taste of America, and Keep watching for future recipes, we have a few more to share!!
Do you have a favourite American recipe? We would love to hear yours!!
Thanks for Reading as always!!